In order to provide enough light for the plant to grow, we recommend buying LED marijuana grow lights at Coffeeshop® Growshop. This type of lighting is ideal for small tents and boxes where there is no room to install a powerful ventilation system. LEDs have almost no effect on the temperature in the tent, and often this benefit for home grovelling is far more useful than buying a cheaper, but solidly warming DNAT system.
How growers use LED lights in home growing
Light selection is at the core of grower science. Plants not only use it for growth, photosynthesis and other physiological processes, they also perceive light as a signal. The task of the attentive grower is to monitor growth, building up the light period so that the plant can realize its full genetic potential and give good harvests.
Features of LED lights
LEDs are semiconductor devices that convert voltage into light. Growers want to buy LED bulbs for growing marijuana, because those have the optimal light spectrum for photosynthesis. LEDs for home greenhouses emit little orange and green light, which is absorbed by the plant in minimal amounts and is virtually useless for growth. Specialized LED bulbs work mainly in the blue and red spectrum, suitable for growth and flowering, respectively.
Pros of LEDs
- No heat. Unlike DNAT lamps, LED panels give off little heat. So you don't have to think of an elaborate ventilation system to lower the temperature in the grow box.
- They last a long time. One even low-quality bulb is good enough for 3-4 full cycles. In numbers, their lifespan is 50,000 hours.
- Easy to plug in. Unlike sodium lamps, LEDs do not need additional equipment to interface with the network.
- Gives a directional stream of light. LED marijuana bulbs do not require reflectors.
Purchase LEDs with a remote control or switch that allows you to change the spectrum from vegetative to growth spectrum and save electricity.
Must have from Coffeeshop® in using LEDs
- Not sure what to choose - individual bulbs or whole panels? Of course, it all depends on the size of your grow box, but not only that. Panels are more compact and easier to place when you need lots of light. But individual bulbs are easier to replace, plus they're easier to manipulate by directing the flow to a specific spot. So it all depends on the scale and your appetites.
- Place the LED bulbs in the grow box so that the plants don't touch them. Yes, LEDs are barely warm, but the intensity of the light they emit is enough to harm delicate leaves that will actively reach for the light source. The best place for LED cannabis bulbs is about 30 to 50 cm away from the plant.
- If it says full-aspect lamps on the packaging, this means they give off a light flux similar to natural light. This is great for plants, so pay attention to the labeling when choosing a UV LED lamp for growing marijuana.
- When working with large panels that work mostly in the red spectrum, it's best to have safety glasses.
Select lights carefully, keep an eye on how plants respond to a certain type of lamp, intensity and type of light. And to have a great selection of decent quality and at an adequate price, check out the online store Coffeeshop®. Here you will find everything for grow box lighting with warranty and delivery anywhere in the world.