If you want to grow a strong, resinous plant that is generous with buds and resin, then a sodium lamp for marijuana is the way to go. These bulbs have proven themselves during the flowering stage, but savvy growers know that moderate sodium light is good for growers at all stages of development. Today, the market for DNAT systems has expanded to the point where every grower can find a good bulb at a reasonable price and get great results. At Coffeeshop®, you'll find sodium lamps from 150W to 600W for both compact and oversized grow boxes.
DNaT versus LED - the advantages of sodium lamps
European and American growers have been growing fleshy grass on DNAT systems for a long time. This type of lighting has been tested by more than one generation of growers, so it's easy to find the pros and cons of sodium lamps:
- DNAT bulbs don't burn. Want to build a fire-safe lighting system for cannabis? Then go with sodium lamps. But remember: These systems do have a weak point, the choke. It gets very hot, so it is better to take it out of the grow box and put it on a non-flammable surface.
- Sodium lamps are not afraid of water. If such a lamp gets a drop of water when watering or if the humidity in the grow box is very high, the DNAT lamps will continue to work as well as in normal conditions.
- Suitable for the entire life cycle of the plant. The expanded blue spectrum refers to the vegetative growth stage, and the red spectrum sodium lamps are best for the blooming phase.
Features of sodium lamps
- You must wear gloves when handling sodium fluorescent tubes. Fat traces that remain on the surface of the element, in contact with high temperatures burn and lead to cracks. If you do touch the lamp with bare hands, wipe these places with a degreasing solution.
- Do not touch the lamp when it is running - its surface is heated to 300-400 ° C, which will certainly lead to burns.
- To connect the DNAT to the mains you must assemble a circuit of elements: a cartridge, a ballast and a pulse-ignition device. All of this system (except the cartridge) is replaced by a single device - ECG. On it, you can set the time and voltage, and therefore save energy.
- To direct the light from a DNAT in the right direction, you need a reflector.
- If the packaging indicates "Agro" or "Green Power", then such a lamp has a spectrum as close to the sun and can be used throughout the growth and flowering period of the plant.
Energy consumption of lamps DNAT
natrium lamps Sodium lamps - this is not a budget option, although they cost less than similar power LEDs. It should be taken into account that sodium lamps strongly heat the air, so you have to put extra fans to dissipate heat from the tent. But without such lamps, you can not gather a generous harvester, especially in a large grow box. So if you want big harvests from sturdy bushes, you need to buy a sodium plant lamp and put a stronger fan. It seems that since the lighting system with sodium lamps consists of several elements, the power consumption of such a "construction" will be higher than stated. But no - if it is written on the lamp that it consumes 150 watts, that is how much the meter will wind.
Professional grow box lighting from Coffeeshop®
Sodium fluorescent tubes for growboxes combine a reasonable price with good light quality. The right light intensity and spectrum ensure that the plants can show their full potential. Contact Coffeeshop® to buy sodium lamps for your grow box and grow a great crop of healthy and strong plants.